20220422

Janelle Monáe Says She’s Non-Binary: ‘I Just Don’t See Myself As a Woman, Solely’


Janelle Monáe announced on the April 20 episode of “Red Table Talk” that she is non-binary (via NBC News). The Grammy nominee previously came out as pansexual in a 2018 Rolling Stone cover story. Monáe said at the time that she originally identified as bisexual but “later I read about pansexuality and was like, ‘Oh, these are things that I identify with too.’ I’m open to learning more about who I am.” Pansexuality is an attraction to people regardless of their gender or sex.

“I’m nonbinary, so I just don’t see myself as a woman, solely,” Monáe said on “Red Table Talk. “I feel all of my energy. I feel like God is so much bigger than the ‘he’ or the ‘she.’ If I am from God, I am everything. I am everything, but I will always, always stand with women. I will always stand with Black women. But I just see everything beyond the binary.”

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/janelle-monae-comes-out-non-binary-1235238291/

 

No comments: